Pumpkins n’ Pirates: Family-friendly Halloween Event
21st Oct 2023 - 29th Oct 2023
Ahoy! Once upon this Halloween, pirates brought a pumpkin booty to Fairytale Farm. Shiver me timbers, Pumpkin Pirates are joining us to Trick ARRRRRR Treat ye and show ye how to be a pirate.
- Meet the Pumpkin Pirates on Patch Island. You’ll learn the ways of a pirate, a sea shanty and a pirate jig, pirate speak and swashbuckling, but mind you don’t walk the plank…
- Visit our ‘Jolly Roger Pumpkin Patch’, where the Pumpkin Pirates will share the booty with every child (one free pumpkin per child*).
- Become a creative pumpkin picker in Captain Pumpkin’s Carving Marquee and carve yourself a Jack-o’-Lantern or turn your pumpkin into a pumpkin pirate with paints.
- Find the hidden treasure along the Pumpkin Pirates trail for a Scarily Ever After treat!
- Come dressed up as a pirate or pumpkin for a Scarily Ever After treat as you arrive.
- Get as cunningly creative as a pirate in our Crafty Scallywag Marquee
- Mother Goose and friends have been recruited as deck hands; they will be dressed in pirate fashion ready to set sail
- See our mice scurrying around the alleyways of Mouse Town ready to leap aboard and hide below deck to plunder the ship’s biscuits!
- Walk through our magical illuminations every day from dusk – Fairytale Farm will remain open until one hour after dusk to allow you to experience our spectacular lights.
Plus, if you post a picture of yourself on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, next to a well-known Fairytale Farm attraction, and share the post with Fairytale Farm, you’ll be entered into our prize draw to win a free family annual pass to the farm, valid for a year.
Book your tickets at our website. Please note: You only need to buy standard entry tickets for this event; there are no special event tickets. Select tickets for any day between 21st and 29th October and you will be going to our ‘Pirates ‘n’ Pumpkins’ Halloween event! You also get admission to our Illuminated Evenings at no additional charge, which switch on at dusk every day of the Pirates ‘n’ Pumpkins event.
*Standard admission price payable. Fairytale Farm will remain open until one hour after dusk every day of the half-term so that you can view our magical illuminations at no extra charge.
Potions and Spells: Halloween and Illuminations Party
And don’t miss our special late-night Halloween and Illuminations event on Friday and Saturday 27th and 28th October, where we combine the excitement of our spook-tacular Illuminations with Halloween activities to create a truly memorable evening out. Special evening activities will include a Wizardry Workshop where children can make their own potions and spells ready to cast on All Hallows Eve, a Spooky Pirate Story corner and, to get ye party started, Captain Pumpkin’s Trick or Treat Bingo!
If you visit in the day, you can stay on at no extra charge. Or buy a Potions and Spells event ticket that gives evening entry to the Farm (from 3pm, with a chance to see the animals if you arrive promptly), a choice of hot food and a drink in our Beanstalk Cafe, the Halloween evening activities and, to finish the evening, a stroll through the illuminated gardens after the lights switch on.
The choice of hot food (included in the Potions and Spells event ticket price) is::
- Jumbo hot dog with a proper sausage served in a whole baguette (half for children under 16), and a choice of with or without onions;
- Home-made soup with crusty roll and butter; or
- Jacket potato with baked beans (vegan and gluten free), a real winter warmer.
Note that the animal area closes at dusk so please arrive as soon after 3pm as you can if you want to see these parts of the park before the illuminations switch on.
The event finishes at approximately 7pm.
Potions and Spells event tickets, for admission 3pm onwards, are £13.50 for adults and £12.50 for children and can be booked here.
Visitors who have paid the full admission price earlier in the day can stay on and join in the Potions and Spells party activities and see the illuminations at no extra charge, and all the hot food can be purchased individually from our Beanstalk Cafe. Annual Pass holders can also visit this event for free, and you will receive a 20% discount on all cafe and food purchases.
Don't miss a thing. See the latest seasonal events from Fairytale Farm to delight your little ones. From a visit from the Easter Bunny to our themed weeks and half term events. There is always something going on.Click here